The stunning look and feel of the new JBavarian site, built on Amazon Webstore, gives site visitors everything but the roar of the engine as they shop for BMW parts and accessories.
Company name: JBavarian
Type of products: Automotive Parts/BMW
Time to build and launch: Approximately 30 days
Solution providers: Site built by http://www.OCDesignsonline.com
It only takes a moment to see that JBavarian has captured the essence of what it means to drive a BMW. Here’s a few things we think they’re doing particularly well on their site:
- The template is tight and clean. It feels like there’s no wasted space, and that everything on this site is pixel-perfect to where it needs to be. It reflects an attention to detail that will help shoppers trust the brand.
- Photography shines. The site design is excellent, but the best thing it does is stay out of the way of the great photography.
- It’s extremely searchable. The company has put BMW model numbers right in the product titles, making it easy to use the search box to find the right products for your particular car. This is likely also helping people discover the products through search engines.
- Shipping info is prominent. A callout in the left sidebar, consistent across every page, reminds shoppers that shipping to anywhere in the U.S. is free.
- The homepage, while visually impactful, is also very functional. Notice how the layout of the site starts to show you product categories above the fold—getting buyable products in front of you as quickly as possible. They’ve even put some featured products at the bottom of the homepage, moving the transaction that much closer to site visitors.
In Their Own Words
Jamie Gilman, owner of JBavarian, spoke to us about choosing Amazon Webstore for his business:
“My experience in getting started on Amazon Webstore was one of simplicity. When I first joined I decided to start selling on Amazon first to learn the way of the land. When I began building the Amazon Webstore I simply did not want to spend valuable time on all the design work so I hired out (someone else may be doing the work, however it is imperative to stay involved to create your vision). After the store was created I made quick work of adding the text, for example the FAQ segment. All your Amazon products are there… just connect them to the proper category and publish. So simple.
Getting out into the online market place can be a daunting task. I write from experience. I chose Amazon Webstore store as a way to venture out into the very large internet market while still having the support of Amazon. I like the way Amazon does business and see the benefits in staying connected.”